We’ve made it easy for you to make your own customized projects by showing you some examples of what you can do with your customized fabric. Not sure how to use a photo of your dog in a Quilt Block? Or a yard of fabric with a fun teddy bear pattern and your child’s photo and name?
Each month we will give you new ideas on how to turn your personalized fabrics into one-of-a-kind projects.
Note: These are project ideas, not actual patterns, so before you get started, we suggest that you look through your books and patterns to make sure you have the proper materials to create your project.
Basic Nine-Patch Baby Quilt
We’ve combined our Custom Fabric and 9 of our Quilt Blocks for you in this easy-to-make baby quilt. When you work with Fabric Studio and one of our Quilt Blocks, you never need to piece your block together. What a time saver! You won’t have to worry about getting all the points perfect! Your blocks are basically done when you print them. Your photos are seamless in your fabric which gives your project a professional look! No need to applique or fuse your photos to your block - it’s all done for you within Fabric Studio. Create your own special memory quilt by uploading your own photos, printing the blocks easily on your home printer, and sashing them together. You can purchase the blocks individually, or all
We chose to make nine blocks, and set the blocks with sashing, but you could make a larger quilt with 16 blocks. We used fabric from our stash to match the material in the blocks. Once the blocks were sashed we sewed them together, added the borders and finished the quilt.
Basic steps for creating the Blocks:
- First create an account with us.
- On the Custom Fabric page, choose a design and add your own text to it. (For a short tutorial on creating Custom Fabric, click here.)
- Click on a block below to move to the Quilt Block customization page, where you can upload your own photo(s) and text for that block, even change the coordinating fabric designs. (For a short tutorial on how easy it is to customize our Quilt Blocks, click here.)
- Save your design.
- Repeat these steps for each of the 9 blocks.
- Then complete your purchase and you will be emailed a printable .PNG file for each block. See our Purchasing FAQ for more information.
Each block will print as an 8” square. We’ve made it easy for you to print your blocks with our new 8.5” by 8.5” Inkjet printable sheets (INSERT PHOTO). The size is perfect, no more waste.
Before you print your blocks out, review our printing tips.
Once your blocks are printed, you’re ready to sew your top together. You can use store purchased fabric of your choice for the sashing, borders, binding and backing.
Click to view the 9-Block Baby Quilt larger.
For a short tutorial on how easy it is to customize our Quilt Blocks, click here.
If you don’t want to make a whole quilt, try printing out just one block, and making a pillow or tote, which is also a wonderful memory and great for gift giving!
Click on each block